Zebra ZD421 Thermal Direct Label Printer 203dpi BT/USB/WIFI MOD/S
The ZD421 delivers more features, flexibility, reliability, and security than its forerunners, the Zebra GK420 and ZD420 Series printers.
Contact us today to find out how insignia can help with your label and barcode printing needs.
- 4-inch Thermal Direct 203 dpi label printer
- Print width up to 104 mm
- Print speed up to 152 mm per second at 203 dpi
- Label length 6.4 mm to 991 mm
- Media width 15 mm to 108 mm
- USB + USB Host, WiFi 802.11ac and Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity
- 1D and 2D barcodes
- Simple to operate with an intuitive user interface
- See status immediately with the five LED icons
- Designed to handle advancing technology
- Backward compatible with virtually any existing printer
- Turn your ZD421 into a portable printer using the battery option
- Field installable dispenser — label peel and present with label present sensor; field installable cutter
- Field installable Wi-Fi
- Movable media sensor lets you use almost any media for greater flexibility across a variety of use cases
- Print DNA suite of software gets your printer up and running quickly and gives you the ability to easily manage and troubleshoot your networked printers from one remote location
- PrintSecure, part of Print DNA, offers unparalleled security and shields you from cyberattacks
- 2-year standard warranty
How much do you charge for freight?
Free shipping on orders $100 or more (ex. GST) to metro Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide. Metro areas are as designated by our transport companies. Minimum order of $50 (ex. GST). Prices exclude GST.
How long will my delivery take?
Every order received by insignia before 3pm will be despatched from insignia the same day.
Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne
1-2 Business Days
2-3 Business Days
4-5 Business Days
Queensland, New South Wales, ACT, Victoria
2-3 Business Days
3-4 Business Days
Tasmania, Western Australia, Northern Territory
5-7 Business Days
How often should I clean my printhead?
Clean your printhead using Isowipes (item #2900241) available from our online Shop. This should be done each time you change ribbon or label rolls (as a minimum) or if you are experiencing print quality issues.
What does ‘DPI’ mean?
'DPI' stands for Dots Per Inch. The DPI of a printer is a measure of the printer's resolution – the higher the number, the finer the print will be. 203 DPI is suitable for most cases, though when printing very small sizes or images and logos, something higher like 300 or 600 DPI may be more suitable.
What types of mobile computers are available at insignia?
The main types of mobile computers we have are handheld, wearables and vehicle-mounted computers. As there are so many variables when choosing a mobile computer, we suggest you speak directly with one of our experts to discuss your needs.
How does a barcode work?
The different black and white elements of a barcode represent different text characters. The elements follow a set algorithm for particular barcode types, so when the barcode is scanned, the computer is able to quickly decode it.
What can I put on my label template in BarTender?
On your label template, you can insert a number of things, including text, barcodes, shapes, images and more. BarTender includes the full range of GS1 certified barcodes for compliance within global standards for barcoding.
How can I print on both sides of my carton/case?
This can be achieved by using multiple print heads from one ink base.
How do I dispose of any waste ink?
Regulations relating to the disposal of inks vary country to country. In many countries, Domino works with recognised partners to remove and dispose of waste ink safely and legally. Please talk to us for guidance in your specific situation.